Newburgh. Main Street looking north from the south end of the village.
Scans of Postcards

Previous Next Scans of Postcards Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 46/63
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Lennox and Addington Historical Society
Date of photo Circa 1910
Description The sign for Wilfred Sutton's Butcher Shop can be seen, center left. William Sutton (1856-1934) came from England as a boy and farmed near Newburgh. He opened the butcher shop on Main Street late in life, and his son, Wilfred Wardell Sutton (born 1882) took it over early in the 20th century. The Newburgh Library was once housed in the building on the left edge of the picture.
Neg # J-046
People Sutton, Wilfred Wardell (1882- )
Title Newburgh. Main Street looking north from the south end of the village.
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION ~ When using this image, the credit information should be in the following format: Lennox and Addington Historical Society, Jones Collection

Questions and comments? Contact the Lennox and Addington Historical Society.    webmaster@lennoxandaddingtonhistoricalsociety.ca
Last modified on: October 09, 2008