Adolphustown Village, looking east.
Scans of Postcards

Previous Next Scans of Postcards Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 4/63
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Lennox and Addington Historical Society
Date of photo Circa 1908
Description The General Store is on the left, with the original Church (St. Paul's Anglican, now taken down) behind. In the distance is the new Anglican Church, known as Chalmers Church. This is the village at the turn of the last century, and substantially as Sir John A. Macdonald knew it later in his life. The road, the future Highway 33, would not be paved for many years.
Neg # J-003
Subjects Churches
Title Adolphustown Village, looking east.
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION ~ When using this image, the credit information should be in the following format: Lennox and Addington Historical Society, Jones Collection

Questions and comments? Contact the Lennox and Addington Historical Society.    webmaster@lennoxandaddingtonhistoricalsociety.ca
Last modified on: October 09, 2008